Friday 22 March 2013

Bedtime Chills

Now That I've Lost YouNow That I've Lost You by Paul Edwards
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I bought a Kindle edition of this book because I liked the sound of it. When I finally found some time to sit down and read a few days later, I was absorbed instantly into the world of Paul Edwards' imagery. For the next couple of days everything else stalled as if by push of the 'pause' button. I would reside in deserted graveyards, walk around in gloomy streets lighted only by silver moonlight while trying to avoid creatures with very dark eyes.
The pictures skillfully painted with words, association of colours, imaginative characters all brought stories to life. After every story I would proclaim that it was definitely my favourite, only to change my mind after the following one.
Eleonora made me shiver, causing me to feel definitely uneasy while Cure left me intrigued. However in the end it was the first story, with the same title as the book, that has enthralled me. If you, like me, love stories with a twist while being pleasantly scared, read this book!




View all my reviews ">

No comments:

Post a Comment